we do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.


Inexplicable

Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences and Emotions from Quandaries of the Author

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Practicum Interview... never tought of it seriously not until yesterday

Part of being in College is to take a Practicum or On the Job Training, but i never thought of it seriously because given the fact that we are still students, i thought that they would be more linient and considerate in hiring us addition to it are the experience of my friends who already took they're practicum, yes, you might be declined but you can apply to other places and if you passed an interview, great! sometimes there are required examinations but they say it's very easy!

I had my first interview in Oakwood Premiere Hotel last September 20, it is going smoothly but when the interviewer asked me when i could start and i replied "on October 20" i was then declined because they need an immediate practicumer, I was supposed to have a 2nd interview in Makati Shangri La last September 30 but i wasn't able to attend it because of the typhoon milenyo and i feel sad about that.

I'm running out of time because i have to complete a 550 duty hours and i shoul finish it atleast before 1st or 2nd week of February, i'm already loosing hope because most of the Hotels in Makati and Edsa have no vacant slots for practicumers anymore, and i'm hesitating to apply to Hotels in Manila because i don't know the routes there.

I tried my luck in passing my resume in Manila Penninsula, Aim Conferrence Center in Makati and in Sofitel in Manila

I called Manila Penninsula last Thursday morning for follow up of my application but the reply to me in the HRD ws "i wasn't able to make in the first batch and the next batch will be inerviewed in December and my resume was considered for that batch", I'm not expecting a call from AIM this week because Hazel, a friend who took a practicum there told me that the HR manager told her that she can't able to interview or call a practicumer this week because shed has some work to finish because she took a pregnancy leave, therefore she can only interview practicumers next week.

Luckily in the same they, in the afternoo i recieve a call from Sofitel and they want me to have interview me the next day 8:30 am.

Friday, November 10, I leave our house at 6:00 am because i am afraid to be late in my interview, since there was no traffic and Mang Romy drives fast, i was able to make it there for about leass than an hour, i waited in the parking for more than 1 hour before i can get inside, at 8:30 along with other applicants we are required to answer a questionaire first, all in all we are 20+ applicants, one by one we are interviewed, the interview finished before 12nn, they told us to go back at 3pm for the next interview, we are all surpired to hear that because we are not expecting that there will be another interview, but on the other hand we happy because that means we passed the first interview, I went to MOA to eat, but right after finishing my meal, i receive a message from Ms. Carol of HR Department that i needed to go back ASAP for my next interview, i rushed back to the Hotel, i am again surprised to know that there are others who are asked to go back but the others are instructed to go home and wait for a call, at 1pm the interview started but after 2 or 3 persons interviewed, the interview was move to 3pm because the interviewer will be having a meeting. we waited for an hour or more, at 3pm the interview is resumed, when its my turn i was asked to choose a department and since kitchen department is full already, and since Christmas is near i chose housekeeping so i was sent to housekeeping department to be interviewed by the House keeping Manager, she told me that my english is good and asked me if i write, but to cut it short she gave me high grades in my interview because she told me that i have a good potential but i should consider treating my pimples, because if i was able to pass the last interview for that day, i may not pass the interview with the GM just because of pimple marks, she also taught me what to answer to the next interviewer which is the head of HRD and she emphasize that if my pimples and pimples marks was noticed i should answer that i am under treatment already, i am very thankful to her, but after that i realized that what will i learn in the housekeeping department, so i asked Sr. Joseph of HR department if i can be assigned to another department but he delclined it, so i just wait for the next interview, at 4pm they asked us to be in the HR department to have the interview, but after 1 applicant was interviewed a guest of the HRD Head came, so we are asked to wait, we waited for so long that we are already allowed to have a free dinner at the employee's cafeteria, at 6:30 the interview resumed, an applicant was able to got in first so we waited for our turn, when he got out of the room, we are asking him what whas asked and if the interviwer is nice but before he was able to answer it i was called to be next to be interviwed.... it was quite short interview but i was relieve when she read my resume and the results of other interviews i had, then she asked me what department i really liked to be in, i said "kitchen" and she erased Housekeeping department and wrote "CULINARY", i was so happy when i came out of the room. all in all we are 8 applicants left that was asked to wait for the schedule of the last interview with the GM. When i got back home i was so happy that there is just one last interview.

But when i woke up this morning, i was feeling so nervous and down. I am worried what if they will not call me anymore for the last interview because of pimples or if will make it to be interviewed by the GM what if she droppes me because of the pimples and i a made it there, will i not dissapoints them... oh GOD pls help me...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Just wanna ask if sofitel have called you for your practicum? And what questions did they asked on your interview? Thankyou. :)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi just want to ask pano ka nagpasana ng resume ? By email ? Or direct sa hotel mismo ? Thanks

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home