we do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.


Inexplicable

Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences and Emotions from Quandaries of the Author

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Kite Runner by: Khaled Hossein


In my 19 yrs of breathing in this world, i'm not ashamed to admit that after so many years that i learned how to read it is just now that i finnished a novel cover-to-cover and i fully understand w/c i can narrate to anyone whishes me to.(but ofcourse i would advised them to buy a copy to understand it more clearly, for what will comes out my mouth is how i perceived it)

I've learned about this book just a week ago in a column in a newspaper, the columnist emphasized that this book is about redemption and will teach us that There is a way to be good again, as was also stated clearly in the book.

I suddenly had this feeling of urge to buy it, thinking that if its about redemption and bringing back the goodness in our heart, it may help or atleast gives me an idea to understand my situation i have right now, Guilt of so many things... but for me the root of my problem was i let the people around me and the enviroment i'm embracing to make me a STONE HEARTED PERSON.

I immediately rushed to the nearest bookstore that day but unfortunately the book is out of stock, in the suceedding days whenever i have time to scout bookstore i tried to look for a copy but again it is out of stock, i may ask for a reservation of a copy but i have to wait for 1-2 weeks before i can have it, i simply give up and ask my mom to look in behalf of me, she also look for several book stores but unfortunately it is out of stock as well, one of the clerk told her that it is a fast selling book and they had long lists of reservation, though i am a little bit dissapointed it doesn't stop me from wanting to grab a copy instead i convinced my self to wait patiently and wait for my turn to have one.

Not until yesterday night, from work, my mom handed me a copy, and i didn't ask anything how she had it and or how much it cost her i just simply grabbed it and went up to my room, but since i just got home also, at 12 in the midnight i took a warm bath and joined first my brother and parents in a little discussion, pass 2:00am a little bit tired of the topic i went upstairs and there i grabbed my book and lie down on bed, though a little weary i started to read it, at first i planned to read it until a fall to sleep but the what happened is the opposite one, i never felt sleepy, i can't help but to find out happened right after each chapters, at most of it made me cry (sorry, i'm a true blood tear jerker) i just told my self that will put the book down before the sun rises up but w/o noticing anything i just heard the rooster crows and the sun is peeking up already few chapters left i decided to finnish the book, minutes after minutes i'm feeling sleepy already but i never stopped reading for i was stunned for what i learned and so Amir learned about his Baba.

to cut it off it is pass 8:00am when i finnished the book, though my eyes are falling down and my body is shaking for i awake for more tha 24hours already but i can't sleep for the impact of the book made me stunned a while

My eyes are swell a bit because of tears, my heart is pounding so fast for the pain, guilt and deep symphaty i felt for the characters and the scenarios... i was been too attached to everything and every one in the book, especially to Hassan, my heart is like been suffocated or was been crushing tightly with a hard fist because of everything he was been through, still he remained a good soul, as well as to Amir, having a long time guilt that he made big changes not only to his life but to the people loved him uncoditionally, i feel pitty for Baba and Ali's situtation and ofcourse to poor Sohrab... i feel bad for he was rob out of childhood everyone deserve, to Kabul, i think it is the most helpless of all, witnessed to lots of joys, friendships and love that can speak how it is a great place used to be and suddenly the mute witness to all sorrows and blood shedding that makes it a terrifying place, from something to nothing. My mind maid me restless for lots of realization such how envy, jealous and greed can blind and harm people, how a lie can changed peoples fate, how traditions and beliefs imprison enormous number of people, how war can destroy infrastructures, countries, family, life and dreams, how pride brings out the bad side of you, how simple childhood joys became a symbolic to adulthood, how struggling pushes as to our limits, how life can suddenly inverted and how mistakes haunts us.

What ever you call the style or type of writing skill of Khalled Hosseini, the author, what matters to me is in the book, he made the characters realistic which i had fell in love and connect easily, cry with every tormenting situation they had. He introduced us to Afghanistan that once it is not what used to know now and the quote "there is a way to be good again" explains that it is never too late for us to redeem ourselves, to correct our mistakes even how bad we used to be, Nobody is perfect. He also showed that Genuine and Innocent Friendship doesn't choose race, sex, appearance, color, social status, intellectuality and personality, it is matter of Acceptance and Love.

I know all about guilt, i had onced breached a lot of people's trust and broke their hearts in the process because of my rebellion and sheer stupidity that when i finally came to my sense I still suffered the consequences of guilt. The memory of you misdeed stays with you long after you are forgiven.

"Nobody is perfect" is an over used adage that is useful to remember when we start judging with someone who has done something ugly to their past. cosequently, i learned from the book forgiveness, that when you forgive someone of their most terrible sin it somehow redeems you from your own, or at least offers your tortured soul a much needed respite.

At some point of our lives there are events that will define who we are, whethers it's a decision we make or an action we do. It will transform us and we live with it's consequences. but ofcourse the book proves that there is always a way to atone for our sins, "There is a way to be good again", Rahim Khan tells Amir. Indedeed, there is. However bad we were.

I just hope that after these realizations i will be able to apply it to my daily life, now i have answer for my problems... even filled with guilt, i must say that my pride is still flagging, i don't know if i'm ready to atone and forgive... i know i can someday but i don't know exactly when...

I'm assuring you that you won't regret for even a single centavo of when you purchased this book. for a person who has same problem i have, this can be a self-help book for you, for a person who love novels, w/o a doubt you will syphatized to the characters, for a person who just looks for something to read, this one will widen your perceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home